Monday, February 16, 2009

Weigh-In: Week Cinco y El Fin

Today is the final day of the P|M Weight loss challenge (instead of last Friday because participants wanted to make it exactly five weeks). Contrary to my previous prediction, I did not win (Boo!); however, I did lose a total of 9.6 lbs (6% of body weight, which is what the contest was based on)--which is a victory in itself! Just need to keep up the hard work!

…yeah, THAT'S gonna happen…

The way I see it, if I eat right (i.e. bland, small portions) and I exercise my booty-patootie off, I can lose an average of one pound per week. With that mindset, it would take at least fifteen weeks to get to my goal weight. That's a looooooong time, but hey--I'm not getting any younger, so maybe I'll put a little effort into it. Maybe…

Anyhooters, I may have lost the challenge, but I am definitely a winner and feel stupendous! Now…where's that cheeseburger, medium rare with sauteed mushrooms?

4 comments:

a_fisher said...

Yeah, 15 weeks is nothing. It'll take me to July 6th to reach my goal weight (and to lose 84! pounds), but 15 weeks is nothin. Nothin' lady! You can do it!

Susan said...

NO! don't eat the cheeseburger! You've been doing so well!!!

I swear I'm going to go back to taking pills!!!

BonnieAnn said...

Pound/week may not sound like much, but at that rate it's weight you can keep off. I lost 25 pounds going 1-2lbs/wk and it's its still off a year & half later.

You can do it!

NduguNStephie said...

After watching Lily Allen.. I decided that I want her body.. its not stick think (like lohen) and not large (like the Hair Spray chick).. it looks fit and healthy.. and thats all I want.. it to look HEALTHY..

So i recharged my ipod.. downloaded Lady GaGa on my iTunes.. and set in my head that I was going to work out.. then I realized.. that What i REALLY need.. is someone to go to the gym WITH me... and we could motivate eachother.. Maybe I can post on Craigslist..to find a workout buddy.. OR.. even better.. You guys can move to Tulsa =P