Friday, February 13, 2009

R.I.P. Hammy the Hamster

Jadyn's first pet passed away last night and our little girl is soooo sad. He was such a cute and fun little critter and he LOVED to roll around on the tile in his Hamster ball. Jadyn really loved him, too. He was so friendly--if you would go into Jadyn's room he would come out to see what was going on and if you put your finger up to his cage, he would come straight to you and start sniffing through the glass.
Andy and Jadyn put him in a discarded checks box and buried him in the backyard last night, in the dark. I guess we'll be making a trip to Petsmart on Sunday!

Hammy the Hamster (the most cleverly named rodent)
October 6, 2008 - February 12, 2009


(Yes, this is a recycled picture, but I can't get my iphone to send mail when I'm at work. Drats!)

5 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, no. You just wrote that you were waiting on Kelly's blog yesterday...

My nephews two hamsters died yesterday too...must have been something in the air. =)My nephew is coming into town this weekend and I think I am going to get him a sympathy card. He is very upset.

Susan said...

Poor Hammy and poor Jadyn! She loved that little rodent.

So glad you're getting another one. She seemed to be a great little pet owner.

NduguNStephie said...

Awe! That makes me so sad =( What a way to start your day...

I bet Jadyn is soooo heartbroken!

Kelly said...

I hope I didn't send any bad juju your way to make the hamster die. Are you gonna get another one???

Andrea @ The Miller Spot said...

So sad... At least Hammy is in Hamster Heaven. :-(