Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jadyn - Justified: Policemen

We've all heard the saying 'Kids Say the Darndest Things' and it's totally true. Kids are so much smarter than we [adults] give them credit for. They absorb everything seen and heard, and the way they put everything together is quite amusing! Jadyn has had a lifetime of funnies [all of which are written down in a book]--she is definitely our little payaso. Below is a conversation that Andy and I had with our 8-year old little girl on Sunday evening:

Jadyn: If either of you do anything illegal and a police officer asks me about it, I'm going to have to tell him.
Jaimie: You would get us into trouble? That's very disloyal.
Jadyn: I cannot lie to a police officer.
Andy: What if the police officer was really ugly and he asked you if you thought he was attractive...what would you tell him?
Jadyn: I would have to tell him he's attractive.
Jaimie: Why? That's lying to a police officer.
Jadyn: If I told him that he was ugly I would go to jail.
Jaimie: A police officer can't put you in jail for telling him he's ugly.
Jadyn: Yes he can because that would be assaulting a police officer
Andy & Jaimie: [Pause. Laugh]
Andy: No, Jadyn. I think you mean Insulting a police officer!

4 comments:

Carly Jane said...

LMAO that is way to funny. Oh she is so good and just wants to take care of her mom and dad and not get them introuble. Go Jadyn!!

Blonde Barrister said...

Funny. I love that you have a book to remember them all!

NduguNStephie said...

that is hilarious! Jadyn cracks me up.. and I have prrof if you look behind me =)

I am going to have to send this to Daniel.. He thinks Jadyn is hilarious and I still hear about her talking about straws on Christmas.. HAHAH!

Ethan said...

All I have to say is... LOL!