I hope that everyone had a *FAB* Mardi Gras, which is French for 'fat Tuesday'…but for me, every day is a fat day, unless I’m dieting. We didn't celebrate a la New Orleans yesterday, but I did go to Crabtown for lunch with the girls and got some beads...Tres fun!
Here is a pic I snapped of Jade last night, decked out in her celebratory gear:
…which brings us to Lent. [Happy Ash Wednesday, by the way] I don't normally give anything up for 40 days, but I've decided to make an exception this year and would like to share my list with you. I really hope that to be strict enough to follow through…So, here it goes:
For Lent, I am going to give up…
1. Exercising. I mean, it only gets in the way of my real life anyway.
2. Working. This one is going to be hard because I actually get paid to do it.
3. Bathing. Just Because.
4. Clothes. This will be liberating--can anyone object if it's for religious purposes?
5. Talking. Won't my husband be excited about this one!?!?
6. Breathing. The air stinks, anyway. [Note: I've tried this one before and failed miserably. Maybe this time…]
7. Being Patient. Ask anyone who knows me, I am the most patient person ever, so this one is going to be the most difficult.
What are you giving up this year?