Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Times in Guthrie

For our first day of Spring Break fun, my sister, Jadyn and I went to historic Guthrie, Oklahoma. Guthrie brings a feeling of nostalgia to me--memories of men in cowboy boots getting wasted in the brick buildings, having a grand 'ol time in the bordellos and even whipping out pistols during poker games. It is amazing to me that the buildings and brick streets have lasted for over a hundred years--they have witnessed so much history! We went on the Trolly tour through the town and finished our trip with a few antique stores which was So. Much. Fun. To top it off, the weather was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have asked for a better start to a Spring Break in Oklahoma!!

Stephanie and Jadyn waiting for the Trolly to arrive:

Jadyn takes a break:

The Trolly is here!

Let's get this party started:


HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY, YO!

2 comments:

Blonde Barrister said...

What a great way to start off Spring Break!

NduguNStephie said...

How cute of a pic is THAT! I think I am going to have to put it on my facebook profile pic!!!

Ah.. such a beautiful day!!! PS. Thanks for defining nostalgia for me again..

Also what is a Bordello.. I am thinking brothel..