Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Book Club: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

Our March book club pick was The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. I enjoyed this book because it was very short and the subject matter was light. It is the first in a series by McCall Smith and I look forward to whizzing on through to the final book. Written by a British author [lately my favorite kind!], The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency is a hit in Europe and is about to be a made for TV series on HBO, which I am highly excited about!!!

Today's book club treats were a scrumptious banana cake and some Bush tea. Yeah, I said Bush--as in African Bush, the place the tea originated. This herbal concoction gained popularity and sales due to the widespread acclaim for The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency!

Book:

Bush Tea:

2 comments:

Blonde Barrister said...

Fun meeting! I might have to make some Angel food cake for our next meeting to discuss -- Angels and Demons! I am thinking strawberries and chocolate (arguably a demon to some!) might go nicely!

NduguNStephie said...

I saw that book at half price books a while ago.. and I almost got it haha!

Did you drink the tea? Sometimes I wish i liked tea.. I feel like I am missing out on something.. but when I take a sip.. it just tasted like dirt water.. then I realized that I am not missing anything..

Yup.. My tea experience!