Monday, March 12, 2012

Red Earth Run - 5K (March 10, 2012)



Bright and early on Saturday morning I got my ass out of bed to run the Red Earth 5K.

Initially, I was very excited about this race because the top three finishers in each age group got a medal for placing and I had been doing so well that I could hardly wait to test out my new skills; however, about a week and a half before the race I got sick. Very sick. I couldn't run (as you can see over there on my maintaining log, my running sessions were pretty pathetic) and I regretted signing up for the race.

Even today, I'm still hacking shit up, but I'm alive and well, so no need for you to worry.

Anyway...I got to the race and it was a beautiful morning, despite the biting wind, and I ran.

You can imagine how shocked I was when I placed SECOND in my age group. I could hardly believe it and I am still so excited. I got a medal (to be pictured soon) and I am riding on cloud nine!

It was fantastic and it was my best recorded race yet--but had I been able to train better for it, not only would my time be so much better, but I might have gotten first...well, maybe.

28:09

1 comment:

NduguNStephie said...

Where is the pic of the medal you promised us...

PS. My verification word is Penis. No joke.