Monday, January 21, 2013

Elvis 5K - January 12, 2013

My friend, Monica, and I signed up for the 2013 Frozen Nose race series in Oklahoma City.  The requirements for this event are a 5K, an 8K and a 10K, one of which we completed last Saturday with the Elvis Run at Lake Hefner.

The race started at 9:00 a.m. and it was literally freezing the entire time we were out there.  My feet were so numb I could hardly feel them and don't get me started on my poor nose (hence the frozen nose aspect of the series, I suppose).  I can honestly say that the actual race was miserable...but better than running through the furnace that is an Oklahoma summer afternoon.

We managed to get through it and I finished the race in astonishing time--my fastest 5K on record...and I am currently in second place for the three race series. 

Here is a picture of my watch--that I got for Christmas--which accurately records time, distance, mile rate and calories.  Best gift ever!!!



Next race: Groundhog 8K on February 2nd.

Happy Running!!!

No comments: