Sunday, October 5, 2008

Book Club: Leap of Faith - Queen Noor

Our book club choice for the month of September was Leap of Faith by Queen Noor. I am not that into autobiograpies - although I do admit, I have appreciated most that I have read - nor am I into history (this is just a plain fact)...so Queen Noor's book does not go to the top of my list; however, if you do like the genres listed above, you may enjoy this book. Queen Noor's life (or rather, the life of her husband, King Hussein of Jordan, through her eyes) was interesting, but the historical facts of the middle east made this book a very slow read for me. There were a few people in my book club that liked this book a lot, though--one of whom is a hisory major. I do have certain gripes about this book, which I will not divulge here for the main fact that it was not a BAD book. So--with that said, here is a picture of the cover, in case you want a book that will make you feel a little bit smarter (on certain one-sided facts of the middle east in the late 70's, 80's and 90's):

1 comment:

NduguNStephie said...

haha you had to read this book!

Juding by the cover.. it looks LAME!

You should read the book about T. Boone Pickens... Thats all i have to say..

OH! I disected a Sheep Brain and a Cow Eyeball today in lab! The eyeball was juicy!