Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweetheart 5K - February 13, 2010


Saturday morning, Tulsa hosted a Sweetheart 5K that I eagerly entered. It had been 3 months since my last run with virtually no activity in between and only two proper jogs to train for it--so, needless to say, I was a bit nervous.
This run turned out to be huge for me, as it was the first one that I have done all the way through without stopping to walk. My time wasn't even in the top three of my best times, but my feat has pleased me beyond any other.  I am so excited to have finished my sixth 5K for the Bucket List...and anticipate our next event in two weeks!
6/10

Going through my posts, I realized that I had not posted my November 7, 2009 run. It marked the halfway point through my list.  5/10

4 comments:

KJac said...

Congrats! I'm not a runner myself, but envy anyone who can run 3 miles especially without stopping

JennyMac said...

Congratulations! Hub and I have never ran a race together. Sounds fun.

And I got your note. Go to your blogger profile and check the box that says "link your email." :)

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add.. you also stayed at your AWESOME sisters house and how cool she is...

Andrea @ The Miller Spot said...

I'm jealous of your running!!! Way to go, Lopez Two. Muah!