Monday, December 29, 2008

Book Review: Knit Two

So, due to our 2-month book club hiatus to spend on the busy holiday season, the time I usually invest on daily reading has decreased dramatically--but I have finally made my way from cover to cover in a book!
On July 30th, I posted a (very glowing, I'm sure) book review for The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. One of the gifts I received from my Secret Pal this year was the sequel to this book called Knit Two . I was very excited--because I was unaware that she had written a sequel--but I didn't know how much I would like it since [SPOILER ALERT!] the main character died in the first book! Knit Two turned out to be good--the relationships with the women that the main character, who died, in the first book helped to develop--were still strong and each was dealing with her own issues. There were A LOT of story lines that went on throughout the book and a reader has to keep the mind sharp to keep up with them all--too many characters for my taste. The book was good, though, and I would read a third if it came out, but that may be due to principle--I have to finish a series once I begin it!

1 comment:

NduguNStephie said...

I have the first book.. but I just can't bring myself to read it..

I guess I will just read Stephanie Meyers nook 'The Host' instead.. then I am off to the Sookie Stackhouse series (vampires OoO!).. the HBO series True Blood is based on.