Monday, November 24, 2008

Running in Circles: Day Fifteen

So today marks day 15 of my running. (If you are counting, I take Fridays off!). I have secured my two-mile mark and I have a feeling I will be here for a long time--two miles is REALLY HARD! My favorite place to run is on a track, rather than my neighborhood or a treadmill. I like gauging the distances, turning around every two laps (it gives me something to look forward to), and trying to beat my time every day. I did learn an interesting fact, though: the innermost lane on a track is the exact mile mark. I thought it was the middle lane--so I had been running in between at the third lane and found out I was running more than two miles. That was fun, even though it wasn't a LOT more! Lately, it has been near freezing when I run in the evenings and the wind has been chapping my face, so I've had to double up on lotion. Now, if I could get the whole salad-eating part down, the results of my running would be noticed by other people!!! So, check back next week to see if I've kept up this whole running thing. As stated in my '100 Things About Me', I do get bored easily...

3 comments:

NduguNStephie said...

Yeah for Jaimie!!!! I am going running tonight.. I am going to just run and not elliptical!

Yeah for running! I wonder if I could run on a track.. hmmm.. maybe we can run Turkey wknd together!

Holly said...

I have not walked since Thursday. But, my legs still hurt. I hope to go tomorrow. I second you on the coldness and chapped cheeks. I told Jason I needed to borrow his hunting mask. Me walking with a big fleece camo-patterned mask...

Kelly said...

What track do you run on?? I need something to motivate me, so maybe you should be my running partner a couple nights a week..I doubt I can even do a mile now!!